- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
The Project Engineer, Senior is responsible for the management of the complete engineering, including management of engineering teams during (complicated) tenders, projects and designs, if necessary making use of external engineering suppliers, within the requirements (safety, quality, time, budget, legal requirements, regulations and other) and in compliance with client/contract requirements.. During project preparation you make sure any interface between engineering, operations and QHSE is covered. During project execution you assist either on the vessel or on the site office. You will lead teams of 3-6 engineers during the complete engineering cycle for medium to complex projects or tenders.
Working for Boskalis Subsea Cables is more than just having an interesting job. It's about joining a highly skilled team of ambitious professionals who demand the best of themselves and others. It's about thriving in a challenging and stimulating work environment in a results-driven culture. It's also about joining Europe's market leader in subsea cabling. A good Example of a project is the supply and installation of the export and inter-array cables for the Triton Knoll offshore wind farm (OWF), UK. The project scope includes two 50-kilometer-long export cables and ninety-seven 66kV inter-array cables which will be installed with two own cable laying vessels.
In leading your team – you are also coaching your team members where and when required and actively support them in achieving their potential, in close cooperation with the department head.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You are responsible for preparing (analyzing, classifying and determining method) and guiding (checking and monitoring work) (complex) tenders, projects and designs that meet all requirements , provides an optional solution to the customer and mitigates risks to an as low as possible level. You are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the project management procedures and rules of Boskalis Subsea Cables. You are able to persuade external customers / surveyors of the feasibility and safety of the offered solution / method and the resulting specifications
- You will structure, plan and budget the (project) engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time.
- You distribute the work amongst the project engineers and monitor the work taking into account the capabilities and ambitions of each team member.
- You will provide support and advice to the Project Manager and department head with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project.
- You drive continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and evaluation of the engineering process. Responsible for identification of lessons learnt and ensuring implementation of follow up actions related to lessons learned.
You can make your mark as a Senior Project Engineer Subsea Cables if you have:
- University or Higher Professional Education: related to the engineering discipline
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or maritime environment.
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications.
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of operational processes (offshore experience).
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The job of Senior Project Engineer is a full-time job (40 hours/week)
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Senior Project Engineer Subsea Cables. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31650084128
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.