Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Have you worked on proposals for technically complex issues in the offshore industry in the last few years? Do you have first-hand experience working offshore? Are you looking for an international work environment that challenges you each and every day to do better than the day before? Do you want to make your mark on the contracts we secure as a multi-million euro company? If so, then we’d like to talk to you about a job as Proposal Engineer Offshore at Boskalis.
As a Proposal Engineer Offshore you will be a crucial link, along with your colleagues and the Commercial Manager, in securing projects of varying size and complexity. In consultation with the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the process of putting together an appropriate proposal for clients of Subsea Services, the part of the Offshore Energy division specifically involved in executing projects for clients in the oil and gas industry and the wind energy and cable sectors.
As a Proposal Engineer Offshore you will be specifically responsible for delivering both technical and commercial proposals. Your main tasks will include:
- Drawing up competitive proposals that meet the client’s requirements;
- Drawing up the budget and schedule for the proposal;
- Determining what internal and external resources are needed;
- Assessing requests for proposal;
- Obtaining input from support departments and assessing that input;
- Making a major contribution to promoting and fine-tuning new concepts to boost our competitive position;
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in concluding contracts;
- Attending negotiations with clients.
As a Proposal Engineer Offshore you will make a genuine contribution to securing great subsea services projects. In order to do so you will need the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree at higher vocational education (HBO) level or Master’s degree at university level in civil engineering, maritime engineering, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering;
- At least eight years of relevant work experience in a similar role in the offshore or maritime industry;
- Experience gained in previous jobs in drawing up complex budgets and proposals, as well as first-hand experience working offshore;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and an eye for the interests of both the client and Boskalis;
- Ability to communicate with ease at various levels with both internal clients and domestic and international clients and suppliers;
- A perfect command of written and spoken English;
- A strong preference for a dynamic and deadline-driven work environment;
- A willingness to make short trips abroad.
The job of Proposal Engineer Offshore is a full-time position (40 hours a week) based in Papendrecht, the Netherlands. Relatively short trips abroad may be required from time to time. You will work in a team of mixed nationalities with its own characteristic mentality: everyone is prepared to go the extra mile, even if it means not being able to make it home in time for dinner every day. Working at Boskalis means working on prestigious, high-profile projects that receive regular media coverage, so you’ll never be at a loss for small talk at social gatherings!
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.