Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Are you looking for a wide-ranging job in SHE-Q and are you ready to take the second or third step in your career and move into a management role? Do you have a proven track record in the successful implementation of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHE-Q)? Then you are the person we are looking for to take on the job of SHE-Q Manager for one of our Business Units in the Division Dredging and Inland Infra.
The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our Safety Program ‘NINA’ (No Injuries, No Accidents) and our Quality Program ‘WoW’ (Way of Working). The leading management system used in performing the work is WoW ‘Way of Working’. You will be the ambassador and facilitator for NINA and WoW, acting as a sparring partner to the business and providing both solicited and unsolicited advice in the areas of safety, health, environment and quality
Changes in behavior tend not to happen overnight. As a SHE-Q Manager you will need a great deal of creativity, empathy and perseverance to get everyone on board and keep them there. And it is not just on the projects that improvements need to be implemented; there are also challenges at divisional level with regard to optimization, integration and embedding of policy and processes. As a SHE-Q Manager you will be responsible for supporting this process, whilst never losing sight of the interests of the business.
The job of Business Unit SHE-Q Manager in the Division Dredging & Inland Infra is wide-ranging and varied. In an average working week your main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Advising Business Unit Management and active liaising with stakeholders;
- Supporting implementation of SHE-Q policies and objectives in your business unit;
- SHE-Q management information and reporting, dashboards, KPI’s, etc.;
- NINA- and WoW Program guide, facilitate NINA- and WoW sessions;
- Incident management and incident investigation;
- Project specific pre-qualification and tender support;
- Project visits in your area, coaching and supporting Project SHE-Q on site;
- Executing internal audits and guiding external audits.
To be a successful SHE-Q Manager you will need the required knowledge and experience.
- You have Higher Professional Education related to SHE-Q (e.g. Integrale Veiligheid, HVK diploma, NEBOSH diploma);
- You have at least around five years’ experience in advising and supporting organizations or projects on SHE-Q related subjects and you want to move into a management role;
- The following characteristics apply to you: structured, pragmatic, pro-active, hands-on and result-focused. You are well suited to a complex and dynamic work environment;
- And, last but not least: good command of written and spoken in English.
The function of Business Unit SHE-Q Manager is a full-time job (40 hours). Your location will be Papendrecht. You will travel abroad to projects and/or regional offices for shorter periods.
You will become part of the SHE-Q team of the Division Dredging and Inland Infra.
The job of SHE-Q Manager is a full-time position, reporting functional to the SHE-Q Manager of the Division Dredging and Inland Infra. You will report hierarchically to the Business Unit Manager.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.