How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a SHE-Q Manager if you are able to implement changes in behavior. Changes in behavior tend not to happen overnight. As a SHE-Q Manager you will need a great deal of creativity, empathy and perseverance to get everyone on board and keep them there. And it is not just on the projects that improvements need to be implemented; there are also challenges at divisional level with regard to optimization, integration and embedding of policy and processes. As a SHE-Q Manager you are responsible for supporting this process, whilst never losing sight of the interests of the business.
Boskalis is a leading global player and expert in the fields of dredging, inland infra, offshore energy and towage and salvage. As a company we have a very direct impact on shaping the world around us. With projects like broadening the Suez channel, placing and installing Wind Farms worldwide and high profile salvage operations in stressful situations we make our mark as a company. On top of that we initiate or sponsor activities like helping improve marine biodiversity or cleaning our oceans from the plastic soup.
Your responsibilities as SHE-Q Manager is to provide:
- Advising Business Unit Management and active liaising with stakeholders.
- NINA- and WoW Program guide, facilitate NINA- and WoW sessions.
- Project visits in your area, coaching and supporting Project SHE-Q on site.
You can make your mark as a SHE-Q Manager if you will have:
- at least around 5 years’ experience in advising and supporting organizations or projects on SHE-Q related subjects and you want to move into a management role.
- a higher professional education related to SHE-Q (e.g. Integrale Veiligheid, HVK diploma, NEBOSH diploma).
- a good command of written and spoken English.
- no problem with travelling when needed frequently to projects abroad.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will be part of an informal team of 8 colleagues which consists of a Division SHE-Q Manager, SHE-Q Engineers and SHE-Q Managers. One of the SHE-Q Managers is Michael Evertsz, who has been working for us since 2009. He describes this as follows:” Playing a role in SHE-Q within Boskalis makes you a real ambassador. The role used to be that of an inspector but is now focused on human behavior, intrinsic motivation and positive storytelling. SHE-Q is really on the agenda within our organization.
- Your department: The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our Safety Program ‘NINA’ (No Injuries, No Accidents), for more information, https://nina.boskalis.com/home.html and our Quality Program ‘WoW’ (Way of Working). The leading management system used in performing the work is WoW ‘Way of Working’.
- Where you will work: You will work from our office in Papendrecht. We mostly take the time to lunch together in our company restaurant.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of SHE-Q Manager is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of SHE-Q Manager. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via 078 6969973.
Interested? Please apply before October 31st by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.