How you can make your mark
Make your mark as SHE-Q Pool Manager at Boskalis’ Dredging by managing our pool of
SHE-Q Managers and SHE-Q Engineers. You ensure the right professional is linked to the right project or tender. This implicates that you are fully aware of the needs of our projects. Next to that you know the professionals in our SHE-Q Pool, their expertise and individual ambitions. We look for a committed Pool Manager who is up for Pool Management 2.0 and ready to further develop the Business Partner role of our SHE-Q Pool.
Being part of the SHE-Q department means you play a crucial role in making our work environment free of incidents and accidents as well protecting the environment and the quality of Projects. Boskalis’ philosophy on these topics is set out in our NINA (No Injuries, No Accidents) and WoW (Way of Working) programs. Our SHE-Q Managers and Engineers walk the talk when it comes to these programs. They act as sparring partner to the business and provide advice as well as initiate improvements to ensure quality. They do this on all of our complex Dredging projects worldwide.
Your responsibilities as SHE-Q Pool Manager Dredging:
- You are an important partner and advisor for project managers and senior management regarding their project SHE-Q organization. Also, you understand their challenges and the opportunities for our SHE-Q pool as well as the quality needed to support projects in this.
- You build a strong connection with the SHE-Q pool and motivate them to continuously improve their personal performance, you develop Personal Development Plans and guarantee the right follow-up.
- You manage the SHE-Q pool planning, vacancies and resources as efficiently as possible, and are comfortable with all forms of employment contracts. Also, you ensure that the quality and diversity of the professionals in our SHE-Q pool meet the needs of our projects.
- You enhance the SHE-Q Community: initiate strong forms of communication with each other, sharing knowledge, lessons learned and best practices. Also, you further ensure the connection between the SHE-Q Business Unit Managers and the SHE-Q Pool, by organizing activities and events.
- You are, within the SHE-Q department, responsible for some focus areas. In your case this means: Reviews, Audits and Training. For example: you contribute to Management Reviews, you participate in the ODO (Operationeel Dredging Overleg) as SHE-Q representative and connect to Learning & Development initiatives, such as Boskalis’ Dredging Academy, to shape and incorporate SHE-Q related topics.
You can make your mark as SHE-Q Pool Manager Dredging if you have:
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in managing a department, project or pool.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A strong affinity with the personal development of staff and other HR related topics.
- Affinity with/ an understanding of SHE-Q is seen as an advantage.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- A flexible and stress resistance attitude. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have strong planning and organizing skills. Also, you are open to go abroad a few times a year.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, foreign posting terms.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: As SHE-Q Pool Manager Dredging you will work closely together with a team of 7 SHE-Q Business Unit Managers. The SHE-Q Pool for our Dredging division consists of 25 SHE-Q Managers and Engineers. In this position you will report to the Divisional SHE-Q Manager.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime job: The position of SHE-Q Pool manager Dredging is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of SHE-Q Pool Manager Dredging. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 78 6969973.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.