How you can make your mark
Are you looking for a wide-ranging job in SHE-Q and are you ready to take the second or third step in your career and move into a management role? Do you have a proven track record in the successful implementation of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHE-Q)?
Then you are the person we are looking for to take on the job of SHE-Q Manager for one of our Business Units in the Division Dredging and Inland Infra.
The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our Safety Program ‘NINA’ (No Injuries, No Accidents), for more information, https://nina.boskalis.com/home.html and our Quality Program ‘WoW’ (Way of Working). The leading management system used in performing the work is WoW ‘Way of Working’.
You will be the ambassador and facilitator for NINA and WoW, acting as a sparring partner to the business and providing both solicited and unsolicited advice in the areas of safety, health, environment and quality.
Changes in behavior tend not to happen overnight. As SHE-Q Manager you will need a great deal of creativity, empathy and perseverance to get everyone on board and keep them there. And it is not just on the projects that improvements need to be implemented; there are also challenges at divisional level with regard to optimization, integration and embedding of policy and processes. As a SHE-Q Manager you will be responsible for supporting this process, whilst never losing sight of the interests of the business.
The job of SHE-Q Manager in the Division Dredging & Inland Infra is wide-ranging and varied. In an average working week your main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Advising Business Unit Management and active liaising with stakeholders.
- Supporting implementation of SHE-Q policies and objectives in your business unit.
- SHE-Q management information and reporting, dashboards, KPI’s, etc..
- NINA- and WoW Program guide, facilitate NINA- and WoW sessions.
- Incident management and incident investigation.
- Project specific pre-qualification and tender support.
- Project visits in your area, coaching and supporting Project SHE-Q on site.
- Executing internal audits and guiding external audits.
To be a successful SHE-Q Manager you will need the required knowledge and experience.
- You have Higher Professional Education related to SHE-Q (e.g. Integrale Veiligheid, HVK diploma, NEBOSH diploma).
- You have at least around five years’ experience in advising and supporting organizations or projects on SHE-Q related subjects and you want to move into a management role.
- You have offshore Experience.
- The following characteristics apply to you: structured, pragmatic, pro-active, hands-on and result-focused. You are well suited to a complex and dynamic work environment.
- And, last but not least: good command of written and spoken in English.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will work with SHEQ professionals and will report to the Divison SHEQ Manager.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of SHEQ Manager is a fulltime job (40 hours a week)
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of SHEQ Manager. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 646042957.
Interested? Please apply before May 7th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.