How you can make your mark
As SHEQ officer you can make your mark by creating the awareness and understanding of SHEQ policies and NINA values within the Smit Salvage organization, ashore as well as onboard. Besides that you ensure that the requirements described in the ISM (International Safety Management) and ISPS (International Ship and Port Facility Security) code are introduced and maintained at the correct level.
Our employees are the most important asset of Smit Salvage. Safety is a highly valued priority and it is our task to further improve our safety culture and reach our goal of an incident-free working environment. Our NINA – No Injuries, No Accidents – safety program sets clear standards and explains what we expect from our people with regard to their safety behavior
Your responsibilities as a SHEQ Officer
- Deployed worldwide on short notice, should be able to be understand the dynamics of salvage operation and highlight risk potential risks and formulate plan with Salvage team to mitigate such risks.
- Conduction of 1st party audit and coordination/ facilitation of 2nd and 3rd party audits.
- Ensuring and verifying that corrective and preventive actions and solutions are actually implemented.
- Assisting in root cause analysis of near misses and accidents and conduction of incident investigations.
- Providing support to ensure that the SHEQ requirements are understood and is introduced in practice at all levels within the organization (office, vessels, project sides).
- Collecting, recording and evaluating records and reviewing existing procedures as part of the system improvement feedback cycle.
You can make your mark as SHEQ Officer If you have:
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience as SHEQ officer or in similar job.
- An extensive knowledge and enthusiasm about SHEQ topics: you can convince colleagues and stakeholders to be aware of our SHEQ policies and NINA values.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a maritime, nautical or technical discipline.
- Knowledge of maritime legislation such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC and pattern of application via the legislation of various flag states.
- Knowledge of management standards such as ISM-code, ISPS-code, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- A perfect command of English and proficient working skills in Microsoft Office.
- Open to work on weekends and public holidays frequently, with OT and allowances compensated.
SMIT Salvage's track record is extensive and has many leading insurers are customers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert personnel and is able to respond to incidents worldwide 24/7. This is done from four locations strategically located to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The offices provide a 24-hour link to customers, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents around the world. The system guarantees an immediate response and fast service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can rely on an extensive worldwide network of cooperation agreements with partners and suppliers.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Smit Salvage!
- Your team: As a SHEQ Officer you will work for SMIT Salvage Singapore. You will work for one of the largest salvage companies in the world. You are part of a team of almost 50 colleagues who are part of the Salvage team Singapore.
- Where you will work: You will work at our office in Singapore and at project locations worldwide.
- Full-time: The SHEQ Officer position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Procedure: You can easily apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. You will always receive an immediate confirmation of receipt by e-mail. It is not possible to apply by email, the contact form or by post. Depending on the position, we invite you for two or more job interviews. If you have successfully completed all steps, you will receive an offer from us and we would like to welcome you to Smit Salvage Singapore!
Want to know more?
Interested? Apply by filling in your details and uploading your CV and cover letter on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.