SMIT Salvage is one of the largest salvage companies in the world. It is active in the field of emergency maritime assistance for vessels in distress, wreck clearance, and environmental services.
SMIT Salvage has an extensive track record and its clients include many leading insurers. The company has specialized equipment and expert staff, and it can respond worldwide to incidents on a 24/7 basis. Operations are managed from four locations which are strategically located with respect to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town, and Singapore. These offices provide a 24-hour link to clients, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents throughout the world. This system guarantees an immediate response and rapid service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can fall back on an extensive global network of cooperation agreements with suppliers.
We are looking for a Shore Coordinator to work in the SMIT Salvage division.
We have projects located throughout the world, from Australia to Brazil and Mexico to Angola.
The working atmosphere is informal and is characterized by professionalism, entrepreneurship and teamwork. If you are ambitious and up for a challenge, like adventure and a dynamic international maritime working environment, you are the candidate we are looking for!
What will you do?
- As the Shore Coordinator, you will be responsible on the project location for the establishment of a financial accounting and logistical organization;
- Because of the ad hoc nature of the projects and the wide variety of project locations, the emphasis in this role will be on logistical organization. You will be the person with local responsibility for the logistical organization of colleagues (accommodation, transport) and equipment (customs, transport, procurement);
- You will draft straightforward financial reports on location that will be discussed with the client on a daily basis;
- You will act as a sounding board for the operational team for financially-related subjects that vary in complexity. You will also make agreements (financial and otherwise) with local suppliers. At the end of the project, you will manage the financial completion of the project by reporting on costs to the client and our own organization.
- University qualification, or equivalent education and ability;
- 2 to 4 years of relevant working experience, preferably in an international maritime setting;
- Willing to work (in part) on location, and you may be seconded on an ad hoc basis;
- Sound knowledge of Word and Excel;
- You are flexible, precise, immune to stress and solution-minded. You can operate both on your own and as a member of a team;
- You have a hands-on mentality and good personal skills;
- An excellent mastery of both written and spoken Dutch and English.
For questions about the procedure, please get in touch with Robert Smits, Recruiter on +31 (0)78 696 83 98.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.