- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
In this role you will be responsible for the Supply Chain Management of the Business Unit Offshore Heavy lifting (BOHL). Your role is crucial for timely and commercially successful bidding and execution of projects that are carried out with, for example, our heavy lifting vessels Bokalift 1 and Bokalift 2 (Presently under construction). In addition to your Supply Chain responsibility for BOHL you also have a direct line to the Corporate Procurement department.
Your commercial view on vendor management ensures that relationships are developed and maintained with Strategic Supply Chain partners / Subcontractors / Vendors.
You ensure that the project buyers working on projects and tenders are aligned with the business unit strategies and understand the business units’ priorities. Therefor you Identify and mobilize procurement expertise in Supply Chain aspects of tenders and projects ensuring the procurement involvement and contribution to the delivery of procured goods and Services.
Your responsibilities as Supply Chain Manager
- Developing relations with existing and new Supply Chain partners with the aim to maximize the quality of third party bids.
- Ensuring the specifications and contract conditions included in the RFQ’s are complete and will result in compliant bids and minimize additional work claims.
- Identifying key knowledge holders of products/services and ensuring their input and review is incorporated in the RFQ’s.
- Support the commercial team in forming consortia / Joint Ventures.
- Reviewing and Approving Project specific Procurement plans.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of procurement processes.
You can make your mark as Supply Chain Manager if you have:
- At least 10 years’ relevant work experience in a similar role or as Project Manager in the offshore / heavy lifting industry.
- A Master or Bachelor degree in engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain and procurement processes.
- A good command of written and spoken English and Dutch.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Covid-19 affects the way we work and therefore we can’t make use of the benefits of our campus. As soon as we can access the campus again, you will discover the benefits.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your (online) onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Organization: You will be part of the Senior Management team of the business unit Offshore Heavy Lifting.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule “working from home unless” is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. Eventually, depending on the circumstances, you might be able to work from our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of function is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Supply Chain Manager. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31650084128.
Interested? Please apply before November 28 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.