Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
For our Nearshore and Repairs Department we are currently looking for a Tender Engineer.
In the role of Tender Engineer your main responsibility is to ensure that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe, with a focus on nearshore and cable repair projects in particular. Projects will typically take place in intertidal and/or ultra-shallow waters and mainly involve barge work as well as ad hoc cable repair jobs offshore utilizing one of our main vessels.
Working for Boskalis Subsea Cables and Flexibles (BSCF) is more than just having an interesting job. It's about joining a highly skilled team of ambitious professionals who demand the best of themselves and others. It's about thriving in a challenging and stimulating work environment in a results-driven culture. It's also about joining Europe's market leader in subsea cabling.
In the position of Tender Engineer you will lead the complete engineering cycle for small or less complex projects and you will lead parts of the engineering for medium to complex projects, including management of smaller subcontracts. You will be responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method. You will need to well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the safety and project management procedures and rules of BSCF. You will take these into account when carrying out your duties and documenting project information. Sometimes you will work on the details of a project in the office for months, but you will also have a key position within the execution.
To be able to fulfill the role of Tender Engineer you need to have:
- MBO level with extensive experience in a technical discipline;
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or nearshore / maritime environment;
- Willing to travel and willing to stay abroad during the execution phase of the project (currently in the European region but expected to expand worldwide);
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- You are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality with a flexible attitude;
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role.
The nearshore department mainly executes cable shore landings, ultra shallow cable lay solutions using barges, marine assistance for HDD installations and medium sized outfalls in one-off designed project setups. Project values range from approx. EUR 2 – 20 mio.
Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles (BSCF) specialises in subsea power cable installation, Balance of Plant maintenance for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation and installation of interconnectors. The company delivers added value with its robust end-to-end project management and multi-disciplinary grid-to-grid solutions. In addition, BSCF complies with strict European and international industry standards, reflected in a high QHSE ranking. BSCF provides quality services balanced with cost effectiveness, with a portfolio including major offshore developments in Europe and beyond.
- Being part of a professional project team;
- Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles and parent company Boskalis;
- Work in an organisation in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
- Competitive benefits package.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.