- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark at Boskalis as a Tender Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Cables' Nearshore Department! The Nearshore department mainly executes cable shore landings, ultra shallow cable lay solutions using barges, marine assistance for HDD installations and medium sized outfalls in one-off designed project setups.
As a Tender Engineer you have the opportunity to make a major contribution. You support the Tender Manager with the development and communication of the strategy for each Boskalis Subsea Cables’ tender proposal. You ensure that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe. Next to that you perform the final check on quality and completeness of the proposal document to guarantee it meets both client’s and Boskalis’ standards. This means you have a direct impact on Boskalis Subsea Cables’ Business!
Your responsibilities as a Tender Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Cables:
- Leading the complete engineering cycle for small or less complex projects as well as parts of the engineering for medium to complex projects, including management of smaller subcontracts.
- Being responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method.
- Being well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and the safety and project management procedures and rules of Boskalis Subsea Cables. You will take these into account when carrying out your duties and documenting project information.
Mostly you will work on the details of a project in the office, however you will also have a key position within the execution.
You can make your mark as a Tender Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Cables if you will have:
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in either operations or with proposals and tenders, preferably in the offshore sector.
- A finished Bachelor’s degree in either a technical discipline.
- You are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality with a flexible attitude.
- Good communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English.
- Willing to travel and willing to stay abroad during the execution phase of the project.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You are part of the Nearshore department, and work closely together with the Tender Support Manager and Operations team. The team is characterized by their informal yet professional way of working together, flexibility, adaptability, and fascination for the uniqueness of the nearshore projects which are everytime completely different.
- Where you will work: You are based at our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime position: The function of Tender Engineer is a fulltime position(40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive a confirmation email. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Tender Engineer. Please contact Juliette Janssen, recruiter via +31 (0)6 50 15 06 22.
Interested? Please apply before Thursday 19 December by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.