- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
In the role of Vessel Coordinator BSC you will ensure optimal vessel chartering according to project requirements.
Your responsibilities are among others:
- Translating company’s project requirements into vessel specifications during all phases of a project;
- Composing request for information (RFi), and approaching market;
- Evaluating suitability of vessels. Performing inspections if applicable;
- Presenting shortlisted vessels with selection criteria to Manager and Project manager and providing SWOT analysis with regards to recommended vessels;
- Negotiating terms of conditions. Drafting and monitoring of chartering agreement;
- Timely informing relevant stakeholders, drafting reports and ensuring availability of all relevant data and documents;
- Ensuring compliance with company’s guidelines policies and being aware of (local) legislation;
- Contributing to the tender process.
To fulfill the position of Vessel Coordinator BSC you must be in the possession of:
- At least a higher professional degree in Mechanical Engineering or Maritime Engineering or similar;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a nautical environment;
- Experience with contract management and negotiation (BIMCO);
- You are well organized;
- You know the offshore market (renewables) well and have experience with managing crew and what the procedures are for working on offshore projects;
- You know how to stand your ground in a very demanding environment (you will interact a lot with worksmanagers and projectmanagers in finding the right assets for projects);
- A good command in English (written and spoken);
- Experience with ICT office applications and ERP;
- You follow the instructions and execute the work method by adhering to the relevant SHE-Q procedures as described in WOW.
Furthermore you recognize yourself in the following competences:
Analytical thinking – problem solving – planning & organizing – perseverance – accountability – communication
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: On a day-to-day basis you will report to the Manager Vessels & Crewing.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The position Vessel Coordinator Boskalis Subsea Cables (BSC) is a full-time job (40 hours/week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Vessel Coordinator. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, Recruiter via 078-6969973.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.