This privacy statement applies only to the personal data which you provide to Boskalis regarding recruitment and selection activities. Please visit the corporate website for our general Online Privacy Statement.
Collect and use of personal information
Boskalis collects personal information when you choose to make your personal information available because you:
- apply for a job;
- register for a recruitment event;
- sign-up to receive updates about new vacancies, events, newsletters and other publications automatically.
Purposes of information processing
Boskalis collects personal information for the following recruitment and selection purposes:
- Processing applications
- Registration for events
- Sending job and/or event alerts, newsletters or other publications
What information do we collect?
Furthermore you can opt to leave your personal information via Werkbij.boskalis.com or Careers.boskalis.com for any of the aforementioned purposes. This concerns the following personal information:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Whether or not a driving license
In addition we process the information you provide, for example the information in your CV or cover letter.
Your personal information will not be used for purposes other than those for which you initially provided this information to us, unless you have provided explicit consent or if such use is necessary for Boskalis to comply with legal obligations.
Use of collected data
The personal data gathered is used by Boskalis for the sole purpose of enabling a responsible, effective and efficient recruitment and selection process. Personal data is gathered to help you as the job applicant get in touch with the people within Boskalis responsible for (potential) vacancies so that you can be matched with one or more vacancies.
Sharing and transfer of personal information
Boskalis does not share personal information with third parties, except where necessary. In some cases Boskalis may share personal information about you with external companies or service providers that work on behalf of Boskalis.
Boskalis shares personal information with third parties in the following cases:
- To facilitate the sending of content for marketing purposes by email
- To register for events organized by Boskalis
- To take an assessment, antecedents examination or a medical examination.
In all the above cases an appropriate data processor agreement has been concluded with the third parties in question, safeguarding among other things the correct and safe processing of the information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Boskalis does not storage your personal information longer than one year for the purpose of recruitment and selection. You can withdraw this permission at any time.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal information
Existing privacy legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), allows us to process personal information provided we do so based on the principles outlined in the GDPR. We process your personal information based on one of the following grounds:
- Your personal information can be processed if necessary for the execution of a contract with you.
- The processing of your personal information is necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as keeping files for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
- Your personal information is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest of Boskalis. This processing is permitted provided your own interests do not outweigh the interests of processing such information. Examples of a legitimate interest include: 1) marketing; 2) acquiring orders (sales) in the case of existing customers with whom we have a commercial relationship; 3) managing existing customers and relationships (relationship management & account management); 4) optimizing and/or personalizing content and 5) conducting and optimizing effective business operations.
- You have given specific and explicit consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose. In this case you can withdraw your consent at any time via the link included in every email you receive from us by logging onto our website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special category personal information is only collected when you voluntarily provide it or if necessary and permitted by law and regulations. Special category personal information includes information about a person’s ethnicity, political opinions, religion, beliefs, or health. We request that you provide Boskalis with special category personal information only if you consent to the processing thereof by Boskalis. If you have any questions about the provision of special category personal information to Boskalis, please contact Boskalis first at email@example.com.
If you have made personal information available to Boskalis, you have the right to view this personal information and to correct any inaccuracies. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by Boskalis as well as the right to have your personal information deleted. Furthermore you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information by Boskalis or to have Boskalis transfer your information to a computer/machine-readable file (data portability).
Data security and integrity
Boskalis has security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unlawful loss, abuse, alteration or destruction. Boskalis employees who have access to personal information may only access this information if necessary for the performance of their tasks and/or to support the websites.
Links to third-party websites
Boskalis websites can be linked to other websites that are not governed by this Privacy Statement, but by other privacy statements that may differ. We encourage you to review the privacy statement of each website you visit before providing personal information.
Changes to this policy
Boskalis may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we make changes to the Privacy Statement, we will revise the ‘last modified date’ at the top of this page. We encourage you to regularly review the Privacy Statement so that you stay informed of how Boskalis protects your personal information.
If you have any request regarding the processing of your personal information or wish to express your objections to it, please send your remarks or objection by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to share any concerns you may have regarding compliance with our Privacy Statement.
You reserve the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.