- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Have you worked in a financial role such as Assistant Accountant, Project Accountant or Assistant Controller in recent years? Are you ready for a new working environment and does the sobriety of the maritime industry suit you perfectly? Would you like to apply your financial skills in a technical environment? Then we would like to talk to you about the position of Controller at Boskalis.
The fleet management department of the Offshore division is responsible for the management of ships such as heavy transport vessels, diving support vessels, cable laying vessels and various tools. In the role of controller you are, together with four colleagues, the financial conscience of the fleet management department. Within multidisciplinary teams you will be responsible for the financial management of projects. You report directly to the Fleet controller.
These are your challenges as a Controller:
- Business control / cost control of various Offshore vessels, by budget monitoring and control and processing of transactions with regard to investments / modifications, repairs and rental of equipment.
- Financial control of various asset – and vessel related accounts for various business units within the Offshore Energy division.
- Responsible for the asset module. This includes the monthly closing activities, the preparation of journal entries, booking accruals and specifying balance sheet items.
- Prepare various management reports and analyzes within fleet management.
- Ensuring the timely and correct allocation of various costs to projects, group companies and third parties.
- Participate in various (sub) projects to assist the Fleet Controller in further expanding the controlling function of the department, such as further developing BI-dashboarding.
Do you recognize yourself in the characteristics below and do you want to use your financial skills in a technical environment? Then you are the person we are looking for for the position of Controller and we would like to talk to you.
- graduated from a higher professional education course in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar;
- speak and write in English as easily as in Dutch;
- have 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a controller at a capital-intensive and large organization, or at a public accounting firm
- have an strong affinity with financial accounting;
- dare to say that Excel has no secrets for you;
- have experience working with SAP and preferably Infor LN.
The position of Controller is a full-time position (40 hours) and your location will be our head office in Papendrecht.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.