Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Looking for a broad and challenging legal position and are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you an energetic young professional? And do you have affinity with the leading Boskalis projects? Then we would like to talk to you about the position of Legal Counsel.
In the role of Legal Counsel you will work at the corporate support department Business Legal. The department consists of around 20 colleagues. -The position of Junior Legal Counsel is a full-time position (40 hours).
As a leading world-class maritime service provider, Boskalis responds to a wide range of challenges. As Legal Counsel you advise on complex legal issues and you identify contractual risks and opportunities in support of the business. You are versatile, know how to quickly understand legal issues and, based on your experience, you come up with suitable and practical legal advice. In your role as Legal Counsel you work with tender managers, commercial managers and project managers. Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Legal counseling of tender processes by, among others, assessing tender documents from pre-qualification up to and including contract negotiations;
- Legal guidance of (sub-)contract negotiations for projects in the implementation phase;
- Offer legal support when entering into partnerships;
- Active management of external advisers, such as lawyers;
- Assist incidental cases and legal proceedings;
- Identify and follow up relevant legal developments .
You have a proactive attitude and thrive in a complex and dynamic working environment. Fast switching between issues is no problem for you. Based on your personality you are able to quickly build up an internal network. Needless to say you have affinity with the marine construction sector and in particular with Boskalis’ projects.
You are assertive, creative, a team player, stress-resistant and flexible and also have:
- a master's degree in law;
- 0 – 3 years of experience as a company lawyer or lawyer, preferably in an international working environment;
- knowledge of construction contracts in particular with FIDIC and / or LOGIC contracts;
- a customer-oriented attitude and ability to communicate easily with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders;
- excellent command of both the Dutch and English language and preferably a third language;
- a willingness to travel abroad.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.