Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Are you a hands on manager with experience in the offshore with a few years of experience in the offshore sector and/or a maritime environment? Does being involved in high-end subsea projects in the Netherlands or abroad sound like your kind of thing? And is it also important to you to be able to develop your career at a leading global company? Then apply now for the job of Junior Project Manager.
As a Junior Project Manager you will be working alongside a small and dynamic team within the Repairs department of Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles in Papendrecht, part of the Offshore Energy division.
Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles is specialized in the installation and burial of subsea power cables, Balance of Plant maintenance contracts for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation for the oil & gas market and the installation of interconnectors. We provide added value with our robust end-to-end project management and multidisciplinary grid-to-grid solutions.
In the role of Junior Project Manager you will manage and have ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of the project. You will do so according to company guidelines and contract requirements in a safe, healthy, environmental friendly and efficient way within time and budget. Projects will typically take place in intertidal and/or ultra-shallow waters and mainly involve barge work as well as ad hoc cable repair jobs offshore utilizing one of our main vessels. You will manage the team members within the project, while also managing the relation with the client. You will be required to work in an office based environment as well as a key role with the project execution at the site base. Other responsibilities include:
- Managing project budget and risks to achieve optimal profit margin;
- Conducting problem analyses and generating creative solutions for project plans and translating project plan into operational plan;
- Support development of our safety culture;
- Managing and appraising performance of project team;
- Ensuring optimum client relations and creating commercial opportunities;
- Drafting of reports: progress and project close-out for company and client;
- Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures and processes;
- Contributing to the tendering process regarding project management specific aspect.
You have some knowledge about working in a marine environment, tides, waves and currents as well as the impact of the weather on the execution phase of a project. You take pleasure in combining of strategic and practical solutions. You are able to easily deal with the occasional stress of assignments and stay client-oriented under pressure: you always want to achieve the best result.
- Minimum Higher Professional Education (Bachelor) in a technical discipline;
- At least 2 years’ experience in an offshore, maritime or civil environment in multidisciplinary project management;
- Very good command of English and preferably German, both written and spoken;
- Willing to travel, but also willing to stay abroad during the execution phase of the project (currently in the European region but expected to expand worldwide);
- Motivated and eager to use your skills in this role.
- Being part of a professional team and multidisciplinary projects;
- Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles and parent company Boskalis;
- Work in an organisation in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
- Competitive benefits package.
Want to know more?
The job of Junior Project Manager is a full-time job (40 hours/week). On a day-to-day basis you will report to the Manager Operations.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.