Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Would you like to make a meaningful contribution to the health and safety of our people on a daily basis? On very diverse and prestigious maritime projects around the world? Are you really excited at the prospect of working abroad in a varied and responsible job? And do you have the skills and personality to get colleagues on board when it comes to further improvements in the area of safety, health, environment and quality? Then apply now for the job of (Junior) SHE-Q Engineer at Boskalis!
As a (Junior) SHE-Q Engineer you will be part of the international SHE-Q pool of the Division Dredging & Inland Infra. The SHE-Q department facilitates and monitors the health and safety of the people who work for and with us, as well as being responsible for protecting the environment and project quality. Our philosophy on these topics is enshrined in our NINA (No Injuries, No Accidents) and WoW (Way of Working) programs. In your function you will be assigned as SHE-Q Engineer on one of our projects in the world, working on a 6:4 rotation scheme (6 weeks on site followed by 4 weeks of leave). You will be the ambassador and facilitator for NINA and WoW, acting as a sparring partner to the business and providing both solicited and unsolicited advice in the areas of safety, health, environment and quality.
The job of (Junior) SHE-Q Engineer is wide-ranging and varied. In an average working week your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support in the area of risk management, for example risk assessments, hazard analyses and reviewing assessments and analyses during the various stages of a project;
- Building a constructive client relationship with consideration for contractual requirements;
- Liaising with subcontractors, clients, local authorities with regard to SHE-Q;
- Compiling and writing project specific SHE-Q plans, deliverables and reports;
- Maintaining and improving project specific management systems;
- Provide SHE-Q advice and support to project management, project team, subcontractors;
- Organizing, facilitating or executing project specific SHE-Q inductions, toolbox meetings and inspections;
- Facilitating SHE-Q training sessions, NINA and WoW programs;
- Conducting and supervising internal audits, external audits and third party audits;
- Working on (increasing) awareness with regard to safety and quality.
You are a sparring partner in the area of SHE-Q, able to work independently and flexible in your planning. You have an eye for detail but never lose sight of the bigger picture. You are pro-active and you have a hands-on mentality. You are second to none when it comes to creating support for our SHE-Q philosophy among colleagues and thereby maximizing awareness of this crucial topic. The job of (Junior) SHE-Q Engineer is a full-time position, reporting functional to the SHE-Q Manager of the Division Dredging and Inland Infra concerning performance and development. Operational you will report on the projects to the Project Manager.
In addition, you have:
- Higher Professional Education related to SHE-Q (e.g. Integrale Veiligheid, HVK diploma, NEBOSH diploma);
- At least around one to two years’ experience in advising and supporting organizations or projects on SHE-Q related subjects;
- Willing to work on a rotation basis abroad (6 weeks work and 4 weeks of leave);
- Good command of written and spoken in English;
- Enthusiastic colleagues;
- Opportunity to discover the world;
- Personal development opportunities;
- Challenging work environment, never a dull moment!
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.