Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Fleet management
The Nautical Department is part of the Fleet Management organization within the Dredging division of Boskalis. As a primary role the Nautical Department ensures compliance and our regulatory license to operate, regulates the execution of our Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies and supports in the development of crew performance and shipboard management. To achieve this the Nautical Department works closely with various internal stakeholders such as the Fleet Management Teams, as well as external stakeholders such as Classification Societies and Flag States. The department further links to the Corporate and Divisional SHE-Q organization on the implementation of Group Safety and Quality programs.
The following subjects are part of the working scope of the Nautical Department:
- Internal ISM, ISPS, MLC audits;
- Supporting external audits;
- Certificate management;
- Incident analyses and investigation;
- Emergency preparedness, e.g. coordinating ship-shore drills;
- Monitoring and implementation of new regulations;
- Maintenance of the Fleet Management System;
- Development of shipboard documentation / manuals;
- Assisting vessels in piracy prone areas;
- Preparation of statistics and (SHE-Q) management information;
- Coordination of Fleet Management quality program (Way of Working);
- Specific regulatory projects, such as Flag changes;
- Coordination of the support to our fleet by Nautical Superintendents.
We are currently looking to fulfill the Manager’s position of the Nautical Department. In the function of Manager Nautical Department, you will be leading a team of 3 office staff, 1 Internal Auditor and 3 Nautical Superintendents. Besides your responsibility for the daily operations you will also be working on the improvement of our procedures and systems to increase efficiency and reduce administrative tasks. As Manager Nautical Department you will report to the Director Fleet Management.
In the function of Manager Nautical Department, we are looking for the following required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Academic operational and intellectual ability (preferably MSc level);
- Extensive experience (8 to 10 years as a minimum) in management and auditing, for example DPA function within a maritime organization;
- Proven ability to expand and maintain a relevant international professional network;
- Always looking for possibilities for improvement, no fear for change;
- Able to give direction, a decision maker;
- Enthusiastic team leader;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound language skills in both written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel regularly abroad to our vessels.
Besides that, you are a result-minded professional who works best in a dynamic working environment. You are a team player, but you can also work standalone. People describe you as a proactive and result driven Manager with a strong customer focus who never loses sight of the interests of the organization.
The job of Manager Nautical Department is a full-time position.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.